SUWANU EUROPE participatory workshop for Occitanie region (France) took place on December 6th, 2019 in Narbonne (Aude) at the CCI offices. The one-day event was organized by Ecofilae in close partnership with the Occitanie Region.
The objectives of the workshop were to present the first results of SUWANU EUROPE for the Occitanie region and collect information and feedbacks based on a bottom-up and participative approach to build the Occitanie regional action plan.
The morning session was dedicated to presentations and discussions about water regional context, water reuse opportunities for agriculture and existing and on-going projects feedbacks (bottlenecks, solutions implemented, successes…).
The afternoon session focused on roundtables concerning key bottlenecks topics that had emerged from the work carried out in the project in Occitanie and from discussions from the morning session:
- How to reach the economic profitability for water reuse in agriculture?
- How to fulfil national and European regulation requirements?
- How do drive and fund a project to secure its sustainable implementation?
Download here all the files about the workshop:
- Regional policies for water reuse, Régis Ingouf (Région Occitanie).
- What needs for agriculture in the future?, Christophe Lafon (Chambre d’agriculture d’Occitanie).
- State of play of the water reuse for agriculture, Rémi Declercq (ECOFILAE).
- Reuse initiatives in the Grand Pic Saint Loup territory, Thierry Alignan (CC Grand Pic Saint Loup).
- The Irrialt’eau project - vine irrigation, Claudine Vibert (Grand Narbonne).
- Roquefort-lès-Corbières – Irrigation de parcelles de vigne, Gaëtan Deffontaines (BRL exploitation).
- Irrigation of the Grand Domaine du Littoral vineyard, Laetitia Carbonell (Grand domaine du Littoral).
- How to achieve economic rentability?, Sébastien Loubier (IRSTEA) and Rémi Declercq (ECOFILAE).
- How to comply with French and European regulations?, Jean-Michel Clerc (AD’OCC), Fanny Gard (Ministère de la Transition Ecologique et Solidaire), Bruno Molle (IRSTEA) and Martin Perrin (ECOFILAE).
- How to lead a project and finance it?, Gwenolé Le Roux (AE RMC) and Jean-Michel Clerc (AD’OCC).